2008年12月16日火曜日

Is it a forest? Is it a city? It's Canberra!

Song title: Easy City (Canberra)

Info: A blast from the previous millennium! I composed this song all the way back in 1997, back when I was still a pizza-faced teenager living at home in Canberra. I honestly couldn't tell you what inspired me to write a song about what was, and is still, one of the blandest capital cities in the world. Back then I posted my music on the internet in good ol' MIDI format. I had all but forgotten that I had done so, when the tune--in all its MIDI glory--resurfaced in a foreign website, as part of a jazz music list which included some well-known tunes by very respectable artists. Now, before people start jumping to conclusions, I'd like to point out that this website, if thought of as a building, would be a dilapidated warehouse that hasn't had a living being set foot in it for decades. I really don't know what to make of this isolated occurrence. Anyway, enjoy the tune--it's supposed to be happy!

Image:


Download: Easy City

2 件のコメント:

jt さんのコメント...

This is kind of fun. I assume this is the original piece you composed back then, not touched up or revised or anything? If so, then I guess you've always had your skills for quite a while.

Also, this might just be me, but it vaguely reminds me of that old CANYON.MID song that was like included as a demo midi with like Media Player for Windows 3.1(?)

Composing Koala さんのコメント...

Yep, the piece is more or less in its original state. It serves to show how little I've achieved over the 10+ years I've been composing :P

CANYON.MID FTW!!!