2008年12月3日水曜日

Galactic adventures.

Song title: Foundation Besieged

Info: Here I was, enjoying some good sci-fi reading with Isaac Asimov's Foundation series (highly recommended, by the way) when Kououken sends me another composition assignment, namely the image below. The resulting piece is something that I hope will conjure up for the listener, images of epic space battles somewhere in the galaxy, far, far away.

Image:


















2 件のコメント:

jt さんのコメント...

I rather enjoyed this one. Parts of it remind me of one of my favorite classic PC games (and soundtracks), Wing Commander. Other parts of it remind me of... something else that I can't quite put my finger on.

I particularly liked the strings and the chord progression of the pads that come in after that. Neat stuff all around.

Composing Koala さんのコメント...

Thanks for your kind words, jt! I personally feel the piece is much too short to be truly "epic," but it's a start. By the way, if you haven't read the Foundation novels yet, do so now! At least the original trilogy!